Adam Sherman has built his career on his expertise in all aspects of wealth management, with a focus on estate planning strategies and asset management. He joined 1847Financial in 2016 as Senior Partner, bringing over 30 years of experience working with closely held family businesses, executives and families of significant wealth. His alignment with 1847Financial further strengthened the firms’ commitment to become an eminent financial services firm within the high net worth marketplace.
Prior to joining 1847Financial, Adam was co-founder and CEO (2006 – 2016) of Firstrust Financial Resources (FFR) in Philadelphia, PA, and also served as president of Firstrust Financial Advisors (FFA), the firm’s Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). As a founder of Progress Financial Resources (PFR), FFR’s predecessor, he is recognized as an innovator of the integration of banking and wealth management throughout the country. Preceding he and his partner’s re-acquiring PFR from Bank of America, PFR was one of the first companies to recognize how to capture synergies with banks, post Gramm-Leach-Bliley.
Adam is actively involved in his community, where he lends support in many ways. From 2004-2006, he served as President for the Jewish Community Centers of Greater Philadelphia. He also served as Chairperson of JCC Maccabi games for the Philadelphia region in 2011, and is currently a director of the Penn Valley Junior Sports Association (PVJSA).
Adam and his wife, Michele, reside in Penn Valley, PA, with their three children.
Media and Publications
Adam is a highly sought after speaker and commentator in the financial services industry and has appeared on the following programs:
- NBC 10 “All That and More” with Tracy Davidson
- Bloomburg News
- CNBC’s “Power Lunch”
- Fox Business News
In addition, Adam has been quoted in many prominent publications and news outlets, including:
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Chicago Tribune
- Pittsburgh Gazette
- National Underwriter
- Washington Post
- Bloomberg News
- St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Philadelphia Daily News
- Financial Planning Magazine
- Philadelphia Magazine
- B.A. Business Administration, Gettysburg College
- Series 6, 7, 26, 63, 65
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Master of Science in Financial Services (MSFS)
- Board Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals (Philadelphia Chapter)
- Director, Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, Association of Advanced Life Underwriters (AALU)